Public Health England (PHE) has launched a new smoking cessation campaign this month (January) to help people to quit smoking.
Alongside this campaign, smokers will be able to pick up the new NHS Quit Cards from their local pharmacy or local Stop Smoking Service (Smoke Free Knowsley) to help them find the right support tool for them.
The new NHS Quit Cards provide a range of quitting solutions and they are free of charge. The cards offer advice on:-
- Face to face support – from your local pharmacist.
- Smokefree app - highly interactive support including personalised motivational messages, delivered just when people need them, as well as the distractions tool – to help combat cravings when they strike.
- Quit Kit - practical and engaging tools to help people step-by-step in the comfort of their own home.
- Daily email support - it’s Smokefree’s newest support tool, and already over 70,000 people are benefiting from it.
- Text support - proven to double people’s chances of quitting successfully.
In Knowsley, there is a range of support to help you quit smoking. To find out more, contact Smoke Free Knowsley – call or text 0800 915 5959 or visit www.readytostopsmoking.co.uk to find your nearest group or adviser.